Sacramento, CA (or remote!)
iOS Software Engineer
Secondary focus: Backend API servers to support iOS apps
I want to make great software that people will love to use.
— 7 years
Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, Core Data, Auto Layout, Push Notifications, Core Location, CocoaPods
— 12 years
Ruby on Rails, Node.js, RESTful JSON APIs, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku
iOS SDK to get turn-by-turn navigation in your app in <15 minutes
(2017 – present)
- Assumed lead development of existing iOS SDK; released public app on App Store
- Implemented and released major new SDK features: modern UI overhaul, multi-waypoint routing, Yelp/Foursquare integration, recent searches, snap-to-route
- Developed, improved and documented public APIs for previously-internal functionality, such as Map and Search; implemented new public APIs to improve developer experience, such as overarching Configuration class
Mobile apps for the travel & hospitality industry
(2012 – 2017)
- Developed and released two consumer-facing apps, as well as two business-to-business apps, to the iOS App Store
- Created server backends in Ruby on Rails and Node.js to support iOS apps
CRS (now Motus) —
B2B web service for tracking business expenses
(2010 – 2011)
- Desktop web app — feature expansion & maintenance
- Mobile web app — new development
Terry Precision Cycling —
bicycles and apparel, made for women
(2007 – 2010)
- E-Commerce web site — storefront and shopping cart
- Backend systems — web interfaces for internal staff use: customer service, accounting, purchasing, inventory, shipping & receiving, web site CMS
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science; SUNY College at Brockport; Brockport, NY
- Start with the user experience first. The architecture must serve the experience, not vice versa.
- Complexity is easy; simplicity is hard. Reject complexity, today and every day.
- Never be afraid to change everything.