Sacramento, CA (or remote!)
iOS Software Engineer
Secondary focus: Backend API servers to support iOS apps
I want to make great software that people will love to use.
— 5 years
Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, Core Data, Auto Layout, Push Notifications, Core Location, CocoaPods
— 10 years
Ruby on Rails, Node.js, RESTful JSON APIs, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku
Mobile apps for the travel & hospitality industry
(2012 – Present)
- Developed and released two consumer-facing apps, as well as two business-to-business apps, to the iOS App Store
- Created server backends in Ruby on Rails and Node.js to support iOS apps
CRS (now Motus) —
B2B web service for tracking business expenses
(2010 – 2011)
- Desktop web app — feature expansion & maintenance
- Mobile web app — new development
Terry Precision Cycling —
bicycles and apparel, made for women
(2007 – 2010)
- E-Commerce web site — storefront and shopping cart
- Backend systems — web interfaces for internal staff use: customer service, accounting, purchasing, inventory, shipping & receiving, web site CMS
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science; SUNY College at Brockport; Brockport, NY
- Start with the user experience first. The architecture will follow.
- Complexity is easy; simplicity is hard. Reject complexity.
- Never be afraid to change everything.